Monday, July 9, 2007

Flee - Part Three

My flight out from St. Vincent was scheduled for 3:15 pm but guess what, I had to catch the 7:30 am ferry because it was Sunday & routes run scarce on weekends! Oh my god, I had so much time to kill. Most shops were closed (again, because it was Sunday) and I had nowhere to go. The cab driver suggested a beach hotel I could have breakfast at, so he took me to Beachcomber on the south side of the island. Wanted to be on the beach, but I guess rolling my suitcase will just be silly. Time finally passed but not quick enough. AND MY FLIGHT OUT WAS DELAYED ANOTHER HOUR, ARRHHHH!

Got to Barbados, customs confiscated part of my wedding party favor (the groom/corkscrew). I didn't check what the favor was, so it was another case where I was clueless. At least I still have the bride/cork stopper (very nice silver). Or so I thought. Because right before I boarded the plane, there was another security check AND THEY TOOK THAT TOO! I went "whatever, I'm not checking in anything". (Other travelling woes - some wedding guests lost their luggage on Liat Airlines; Nat's sister was travelling 3 days from Arizona with her husband & baby, via Puerto Rico where their flight got cancelled, and still missed the wedding; Nat's hairdresser made it just in time, I mean on the afternoon itself.)

You'd think my stories end there. Haha nooo... at JFK, a verbal fight broke out when a bunch of people tried to rush the queue going through customs. Apparently several international flights came in at the same time & all hell broke loose. Security had to be called in (this was the same day of the attempted bombing at Glasgow; JFK's security was heightened already) & I got home at about 2:30 am. Of course I had to go to work in a few hours. For the busiest time of the month. Oh joy.

No comments: