Monday, July 9, 2007

Wedding adventures - Part I

So Bequia was further than I thought - I could almost high-fived Hugo Chavez in Venezuela (my bad for not paying attention to Nat's very detailed wedding site). I had no sleep from the night/early morning before as I was packing & was picked up by Super Shuttle (you know how they operate). The first leg was almost 6 hours to Barbados, what was supposedly a 2 hour layover turned into 3 hours; another 40 minutes flight to St. Vincent was uneventful. That someone who's supposed to pick me up wasn't there, so I just followed some guy hoping to get to Grenadine Wharf for the ferry. Kingstown is hilly and the driving mad - let's just say I thought I'd end up crashing into somebody's living room. Had a tough time carrying my suitcase up the almost vertical (must have been an 89 degree incline) stairs & the locals were looking and wondering "what is this asian kid doing here?". Again, my bad for not paying attention (heck, the bride booked all my flights AND got a roommate for me) - the ferry ride was an HOUR. FINALLY got to Bequia, and nobody waited for me as well. I was tired out & just jumped into a van/cab with 8 other people, hoping I'll get to where I was supposed to. I really did not care at that point. Good thing I got dropped off first, rolled my baggage uphill to the hotel's reception and saw Merva & Nat in the lobby :-)

The resort was great. Quickly changed for the rehearsal dinner (Nat's aunt cooked local dishes) and after that adjourned to the outdoor bar downstairs overlooking the bay. Called it a night at about 11 pm (well, by that time I was up for 21 hours). I left Ana & Michelle P. to move Nat's wedding gownto the bridal suite without Darrell seeing a scrap of fabric. All that talk of train bustling/crimping/folding etc. was ahhhhhh..... More crazy details I won't care about, haha.

Approaching Barbados
Grenadine Wharf, Kingstown


With Ana & Michelle P.

No comments: