Monday, July 9, 2007

I do - Part deux

Slept like the dead and but got up by 8:30 am for breakfast. Went into town (Port Elizabeth) via a pickup/cab for the fruit market & a walkabout. Loved all the tropical fruits (similar to Malaysia's minus the durian)! Was flattered when dude-in-dreads said "give me some loooove" & I knuckled him back. The one & only souvenir shop was a shack with funny ladies selling t-shirts and knick knacks (but no fridge magnets or coffee mugs). It didn't take long for us to navigate through the one-street downtown. Had a good local lunch but everything was on Caribbean time so it was slooooow coming. Rushed back to the hotel to change for the 4 pm wedding.

Come 3:30 pm & Merva (matron of honor) was no where to be found, so Ana & I helped Nat with her gown. I had to climb under it to pin her petticoats (yes, lots of layers). It's good engineering under there, I tell ya. We mini-bussed it to church & because it was hot as Hades, every guest got a very nice fan & bottle of cold water along with the program.

Nat & Darrell got a saxophonist & he played Kenny G's 'The Wedding Song' when Nat walked down the aisle. The whole ceremony was very touching; so much so that Nat was practically hiccuping when reciting her vows. And Darrell was a cry baby as well ;-)

We adjourned back to the resort's Mosquito Bar for the reception. Had fun with the Polaroids & signing of the guest book. We had a really good DJ, so good that bartender and local busboys were literally jumping. As I didn't even have time to put on my bathing suit, I took off my shoes & just walked along the beach - it was almost midnight then.




No comments: