Sunday, October 14, 2007

That time of the year again...

Yea, so I already feel like a hundred but this time I had a great kick off - drinks at 230 Fifth's rooftop bar. Heard all about it & it seriously deserved all the hoo hah. Too bad the weather wasn't cooperative and good thing management provided thick fleece blankets for patrons. We started out with about 10 peeps & as the night progressed, only Beth & myself were left waiting for Jeremy to fly in. The appetizers were surprisingly good (and Malaysian! - didn't know that before) and when the man finally showed up, we moved to the rooftop and cocooned ourselves. The view was really worth the cold that night. Quentin & Amy showed up & we called it a night at 12:30 am.

After brunch at Pastis, Jeremy, Bea & I played tourists & boarded those red double decker buses that locals laugh at. It was fun running around town doing the Uptown (to Harlem proper), Downtown (got off in Chinatown) and the Night Loops after dinner. Walter was supposed to meet us for dinner at Bar 89 in SoHo but he missed the train, and then Bea decided to ditched us! So I took Jeremy to Nyonya & he liked the food (don't know anyone who doesn't, seriously). We hopped onto the Night Loop bus as soon as we saw it coming down Grand Street and as it was shorter than we thought, we squeezed in a movie as well. We didn't like The Darjeeling Limited at all (disjointed storyline, too weird) and I definitely enjoyed The Royal Tennenbaums more. So glad Jeremy finally got to see the city beyond the PATH train and Cortlandt Street. I think he had a really good time & I'm looking forward to more of London next month :-)

Went home on Sunday and mom cooked all my favorite dishes for dinner. No cake this year but got the new iPod Nano! I was so surprised, thinking geez I'm to old for presents!

No comments: