Wednesday, June 6, 2007

June already!

Time is really whizzing by... work-wise, every month goes through the same cycle of period closing postings and then the analysis and reporting kick in. Sometimes it's hard to catch the sliver of calm and I can take a breather. Last week was one of those.

I've got the additional task of getting Ipoh's Old Town brand of instant coffee mix for my department - heh heh, I got everyone addicted to it. Thank goodness, some grocery store Chinatown stocks them.

Pam, Michelle and I were supposed to meet up with Kim before she flies off for her China, Nepal etc. trip, but as usual work was piled on her. So us three had dinner and dessert (trying to bide time so Kim could come home and let us in) at Heartland Brewery and Friend of a Farmer. The latter's choc and peanut butter pie was to die for!
Sunday was, of course, reserved for The Sopranos (this being the next to last episode) and it was superb, as usual. And of course I was watching it with the boys (less Max & Jonathan). It was raining cats & dogs then and Niall was soaked when he was out earlier. Alex made it just in time and came in strutting to the opening theme (you can't help it, really; it's so catchy).

Am getting massively excited about Nat's wedding in Bequia at the end of the month. I was the ultimate lazy guest - she booked my flights (yes, 2 legs from NYC to Barbados to St. Vincent, then a ferry to Bequia) AND got me a roommate (very happy that I'll be sharing an ocean view one). Oops, I need to get my itinerary from her.

2 comments:

Boon said...

Somehow, it's pretty hard to find folks who like Sopranos over here... Anyways, Bequia! Well, who wouldn't be excited!? ;) Envy... envy. I believe it's one of the diving hot spots. Enjoy your trip!

Lily said...

Alas, I'll be in the Bahamas for 2 and a half days (flying half of Friday and getting back very late Sunday. I'm sure we'll all have a blast where alcohol is involved!